Managing Lab Integration Settings
Go to Utilities > Maintenance > Outside Provider Input: Lab
- Enter the facility's details
Go to Utilities > Maintenance > Outside Provider Input: Radiology
- Enter the facility's details
This section is available for manually creating entries, but if you are using the Lab Integration with Change Healthcare, the compendium (list of tests for each lab) will be automatically managed, and nothing needs to be entered here
- Go to Utilities > Maintenance > Lab Test Inputs
- Name your Lab Test
- Enter or look up the LOINC Code (Logical Observation Identifier Names and Codes, standard coding for laboratory tests for health records)
ClinicTracker lets you configure which user should receive notifications when lab results are returned, in addition to the ordering staff.
- Go to Staff > Staff Info > Basic Info > Lab Result Recipient
The Clinical Info tab of the Patient Portal will show things such as, Kept Encounters, Medications, Allergies, Problems, and Labs.
To control what appears on the Clinical Info tab of the Patient Portal, go to Options > Patient Portal > Custom Clinical Display.
To complete the one-time configuration for printing lab results and sample labels, you'll need:
- Admin rights on each PC to install the required scripts
- High-speed internet
- Internet Explorer 10 or above
Download the Meadco ScriptX from this link: http://scriptx.meadroid.com/download/user-upgrade-to-current-version.aspx
- Click on "Continue" under the Automatic section
- Click on "Yes, allow"
- Now verify the version by clicking this link: http://scriptxsamples.meadroid.com/Basic/InstalledVersion/release/
- Accept the DX Control when prompted in the toolbar. This is a one-time occurrence that only happens for the first order. There is no external link to download this control.
- Go to Internet Explorer
- Click on File in the upper left corner of the IE browser (or depending on what version of IE you have, you can click on the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of IE and then click on Print)
- Click Page Setup
- Add a checkmark to Print Background Colors and Images
- Set all four margins to .25"
- If there are miscellaneous characters or letters in the header and footer boxes, delete them if you don't want the header or footer info to print from the web page
- Compatibility Mode - typically not required. If the Meadco controls have been installed correctly and printing issues occur, adding clinician.emdeon.com to the compatibility mode list may help
- Under Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Settings, make sure AUTOMATICALLY is selected
- Under ADVANCED make sure you have a checkmark next to the items in yellow:
Our partner, Change Healthcare, uses 2 types of Dymo Labels:
The Dymo 30334 label uses portrait orientation
The Dymo 30336 label uses landscape orientation
- Open Dymo LabelWriter
- Click on Printing Preferences from the main page of the printer Properties
- On the layout page, adjust the ORIENTATION as needed depending on the label you are printing
- Click on the ADVANCED button - you can adjust the paper size here
- Click on OK to apply these changes on the printing preferences screen. This screen will close and you will be brought back to the general properties of the DYMO. You will click on the ADVANCED tab and then on the PRINTING DEFAULTS button.
- This screen is identical to the one you just changed, but you also have to change the printing settings here too (if you don't make changes in both areas, your labels will not print out correctly)