Using the Create Batch Claim Form
Form Location: BillingTracker > Claim Creation > Batch Create Claims
The Batch Create Claim Form helps you to create a list of patients that meet specific criteria, select specific patients from that list, and create multiple claims at once. You can easily identify patients that qualify for Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP), Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP), or Psychiatric Rehabilitation Programs (PRP).
This step includes five sections. Each section can help you narrow down your list of patients. Once you have set your Search Criteria,
- If you check the Include Only Patients Receiving Services box, you will be able to narrow your search by:
- A minimum or maximum number of minutes the patients were seen within a select number of days
- A specific date range
- Kept Appointments or Collaterals
- One or multiple Locations
- Requiring an Appointment in each of multiple selected Locations
- One or multiple Services
- One or multiple Programs
- Creating only the first claim in the case of matching appointments, and marking others non-billable
- In the Patient Selection section, you will be able to filter by:
- One or multiple Patient Groups
- Selecting the Include Discharged Patient box
- If you check the Exclude Patients With a Claim box, you can exclude patients with a previous claim for all, multiple or a single service.
- The Filter by Patient Age section will allow you to enter a patient age range, based on their age today, at the beginning or end of this month, the start or end date of your search range or their age on a custom date.
- In the Display section, you can choose to see the patients that match your search, or the patients with their appointments.
After you enter your Search Criteria and press the Retrieve Patients button in Step 1, you will see a list of patients appearing in Step 2. Select each of the specific patients that you would like to create claims for.
This step includes six sections. Each section gives you options to apply to the claims you will be creating.
- In this first section, there are 3 required fields: Service, Program and Billing Location. You may also apply up to two Add On Codes, Clinician, Diagnosis, and Internal or External Notes.
- Check the Use Fee Schedule Box to calculate the fee based off of the Fee Schedule.
- You may Assign the Remaining Balance to the patient, primary payor, secondary payor or a specific payor.
- In the Other Details section, you may assign a unique Batch Number or use the one that automatically generates. You may also select to include the Authorization Code in the results.
In the Accounting Export Values section, you may apply a Manual Override in lieu of the patient-level defaults from the Insurance Tab in Patient Demographics.
- In the Payment Prompt section, you may select:
- No Payment Prompt
- Always Prompt to Pay
- Apply Credit Balance, Prompt if None
- Apply Credit Balance, Don't Prompt if None
- Charge Stored Card, Prompt if Not on File
- Charge Stored Card, Don't Prompt if Not on File
Step 4: Creating Claims
After you enter your claim details and press the Create Claims button in Step 3, you will see a list of claims that have been created as part of your batch. Please review to make sure the information is accurate before exiting this screen. These claims will be available in Claim Management for processing and uploading to the payer or clearinghouse.
You may delete a claim by selecting it from the list and pressing the Delete Claims button.
Best Practice: Save time by making a Favorite! Save your Search Criteria by pressing the green + button at the bottom of the screen. You can save multiple Favorites and, using the dropdown arrow next to the +, you can share your Favorites with others.